The Derby Reach Brae Island Parks Association is an incorporated nonprofit Society. We also fall under the umbrella of the Pacific Parklands Foundation (PPF). Through the PPF, our park association can accept donations and offer tax receipts to donors.
Derby Reach/Brae Island Parks Association (DRBIPA) invites you to become a member. We promote education, stewardship, and recreation that is compatible with conservation.
Benefits of Membership
- Voting rights at the AGM
- Access to special members-only guided walks
- Invitation to the DRBIPA picnic after Heritage Apple Day
- Involvement in your community and your local regional parks
Some of our past opportunities for members include:
- Geology Tour – local surface and subsurface geology
- Mushroom Tour – identify many of the park fungi
- Invasive Plants – hands on experience controlling invasive plants in the park
- Bird Tour – identify birds that call our park home in the winter
- Native Plants Tour – learn to identify many of the park’s native plants
- Heritage Apple Days – volunteer to be part of a team that presents this free annual community event
Your Park Association is a busy group! We work closely with Metro Vancouver Regional Parks to promote and protect the finest regional park system on our continent. Become involved!
Annual Membership Dues are $10 per family
To become a member you can sign up at any monthly Board meeting, at DRBIPA events, and at the Annual General Meeting. Or complete and print a membership application form and mail with annual dues to:
Derby Reach/Brae Island Parks Association c/o Metro Vancouver Regional Parks East Area Office
1558 200th Street, Langley BC V2Z1W5