- This event has passed.
Digital Scavenger Hunt Photo Contest
May 1 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 8:00 pm
Join us for a digital scavenger hunt photo contest. We’d love to connect with you during these times of social distancing – and though we can’t plan our usual spring or summer programming right now, we still want to see your amazing nature photos from Derby Reach, Brae Island, and beyond!
From May 1st to June 30th we’ll be sending weekly callouts for sightings of 8 particular natural wonders to our members, volunteers, and social media followers. Just post your original photos – matching our photo callouts- on Instagram or Facebook and TAG US @DRBIPA so we see your posts. We’re posting the photo callouts on our facebook event pages and in our newsletter.
Anyone who tags us on our social media accounts or replies to the newsletter with a match to any of our 8 photo callouts by June 30th, 2020 will be entered into a draw to win 1 of 3 prizes ($25 gift certificates to Lee’s Market in Fort Langley, BC!). Be sure to follow us on facebook or instagram.
We want to hear from you and see your best nature shots! The photos you share can be of current walks at Derby Reach (Brae Island is temporarily closed) or past shots collected from these parks or other parks, or from anywhere in the province and beyond! Photos just need to match the Photo Callouts in the scavenger hunt. Each eligible photo post will count as one entry so feel free to enter as many times as you like. Thanks for participating and sharing your love of the outdoors with us!
1. Follow DRBIPA on Facebook or Instagram
2. Post original photos matching one or more of our 8 digital scavenger hunt Photo Callouts from May 1 – June 30, 2020
3. Tag @DRBIPA in your contest entry posts so we can see them and be sure to enter you into the prize draw. (Alternatively, people can also get an entry by replying to the photo callout in our newsletter email if it’s not possible to participate on social media)
4. Each eligible photo post will count as one entry into the contest
5. Facebook and Instagram are not affiliated with this contest, it is put on by us at DRBIPA